- This event has passed.
Alumni Discussion | Is the Supreme Court Damaged?
January 25 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Join fellow members of the HBS community to share your opinions and discuss the US Supreme Court and how declining faith in the institution is impacting the state of our democracy.
Is the Supreme Court broken?
For the first time since Gallup started asking the question over 50 years ago, more than half of those surveyed said they have little or no trust in the Institution. “The Hill” says “At the top of the list, the biggest loser of 2022, is the Supreme Court – once the most highly respected institution of our government, but no longer.”
What is your view?
- Is the reputation of the Supreme Court tarnished?
- What factors caused the decline of the Court’s reputation?
- Has the Supreme Court sucked too much power from the legislative and executive branches?
- Have some decisions crossed the line from legal adjudication to making policy?
- How does the decline in confidence in the Supreme Court impact the state of our Democracy?
- What can be done to restore confidence in the Institution?
Date: Wednesday, January 25th
Time: 7:00PM – 8:30PM ET
HBS Association of Boston Members – Complimentary
Not a Club Member? Join today!